Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Dark Roots...

After taking off from my radio program, Gypsy Poet Radio,
it will be back in January. I needed to take off for the Holidays
and get in touch with people I call family. Not just the blood, but
another brood that I talk to all the time. My group of friends who
believe in The Gypsy Poet. I'm not the conventional girl who does
things with an entourage or a posse--I work ALONE--and that's
the way I like it. I want to rely on myself. What do is I put my best
in everything--Glen Still, founder and producer of 10K Poets had asked
me to take over a show earlier in 2009 called Poets Dream In Color.
The man was in need of help, and I offered to step up to the plate and
give him my guts as well as my wit. He got that, and more--and probably
the best production work he ever saw from one person who ran the whole
thing. I now run a show for 10Kpoets called The English Pub which is an
online show devoted to callers who want to read their poetry, short stories
and other stuff on the air. (blogtalkradio.com/10KPoets is the link) AND--
That is MY creation, too. I did that for Glen as my gift to him and the rest
of the crew behind what I do. I talk about poets that I am currently studying for
my Master's in English. Thanks to me going back to school, my fan base is
growing rapidly--and I see some people taking some of my ideas. I'm flattered
by it because it shows how original my ideas are to begin with.

But I digress. Anyway, Gypsy Poet Radio will rock the airwaves in January.
At this time, I put everything on hold for family, however, I am working my ass
off at another thing. I was invited at UT for the Spring research conference here
in my town and I was put in 2 categories: Creative writing for my poetry book,
as well as my research for music and literature. The music and literature work is
for a class I am working to design to show folks how music and literature inspire
each other. The point: I'm busy putting my career and dreams together. The wit
of The Gypsy Poet (Which I created) got me pretty far at this point. Even most
of Hollywood is listening and is open to what I am up to. I like what I am seeing--
I love what I am doing...Watch, world--it's coming together--
Join me for the fun, the dance, and the life in the coming year ahead---
LOVE TO YOU ALL, MY READERS!
Sophia-
The Gypsy Poet... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment